STD Testing | A PATTERN MEDICAL CLINIC
Discretion and Care that you can count on:
- Allow us to help you feel empowered to make the uncomfortable visits. Our providers are known for their commitment to: privacy, respect and care for patients. We have the same goal, assisting you to reach optimal health, let us create a healthcare roadmap to get you there.
- The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released data recommending all adults and adolescents (ages 13-64) be tested at least for HIV. The same data also stated that regular testing and timely treatment of STDs can help prevent the spread of STDs.
According to the CDC some recommended STD tests include:
- Syphilis, HIV, chlamydia, and hepatitis B screening for all pregnant women, and gonorrhea screening for at-risk pregnant women starting early in pregnancy, with repeat testing as needed, to protect the health of mothers and their infants.
- Annual chlamydia screening of all sexually active women younger than 25 years, as well as older women with risk factors such as new or multiple sex partners, or a sex partner who has a sexually transmitted infection.
- Anyone who has unsafe sex or shares injection drug equipment should get tested for HIV at least once a year. Sexually active gay and bisexual men may benefit from more frequent testing (e.g., every 3 to 6 months).